Thank you for interest in becoming a coach of the Helena Bearcats Wrestling Club.
In order to become a coach of the Helena Bearcats Wrestling Club you will need to complete this application. If your Application is approved it will be on an interim basis until you have obtained your USAW Wrestling Coaches Card. The Club will reimburse you for the cost of the card as well as the required background check.
The reason that the Club requires a USAW card is for safety of our wrestlers as well as additional benefits to you as a coach, per below.
About USAW Coach Membership
Coach memberships are for those who coach or teach wrestling. In order to become a member coach of USA Wrestling, one must first pass a mandatory background screening. Membership benefits include secondary, non-duplicating sports accident insurance provided by an outside carrier. There is a sports accident supplemental benefits provided to USA Wrestling members who participate in limited non-sanctioned events. This insurance coverage includes a deductible, co-payment provisions and other conditions of the policy (details are available by Clicking here); limited liability insurance (per the conditions of the policy); a one-year subscription to USA Wrestler; the privilege to coach at events and specified camps, clinics, international exchanges and club programs; opportunity for coach instruction and certification, discounts on wrestling gear, equipment and apparel; and other national discount programs as they become available. This card may not be used for competition.
Background Check Screening Criteria
In accordance with the recommended guidelines as set forth by the National Council of Youth Sports, USA Wrestling has set the following as offenses that may disqualify one for membership: Conviction of, imposition of a deferred sentence for, or any plea of guilty or no contest at any
time, past or present, or the existence of any pending charges, for:
1. Any felony (any crime punishable by confinement greater than one year).
2. Any lesser crime involving force or threat of force against a person.
3. Any lesser crime of a sexual nature, or in which sexual relations is an element, or classified as a sex offense including but not limited to victimless” crimes of a sexual nature such as prostitution, pornography, and indecent exposure.
4. Any lesser crime involving controlled substances (not paraphernalia or alcohol).
5. Any crime involving cruelty to animals.
6. Sex offender registrant.
7. Any lesser crime involving harm to a minor.
Additional information on the USAW Wrestling Screening background can be found by Clicking here.
Any questions can be emailed to: